12 Music Quotes to Celebrate Guitar MonthWhen you stop and think about it, music quotes can be quite powerful. They can show someone how much you care, get a powerful point across and even mend a broken heart.
There's no better time to reflect on some of history's best music quotes than during Guitar Month. Here are 12 powerful music quotes that deserve to be remembered:
1. "And it seems to me that you lived your life like a candle in the wind. Never knowing who to cling to, when the rain set in. And I would have liked to know you, but I was just a kid. Your candle burned out long before, your legend ever did." ~ Elton John - Candle in the Wind
2. "And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree, there will be an answer, let it be. For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see, there will be an answer. Let it be." ~ The Beatles - Let It Be
3. "And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died,who gave that right to me. And I gladly stand up, next to you and defend her still today. Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God bless the USA." ~ Lee Greenwood - God Bless the U.S.A.
4. "When you're weary, feeling small, when tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all. I'm on your side. when times get rough and friends just can't be found. Like a bridge over troubled water I will lay me down. Like a bridge over troubled water I will lay me down." ~Simon and Garfunkel - Like a Bridge Over Troubled Waters
5. "Come gather 'round people wherever you roam and admit that the waters around you have grown and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth savin' then you better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone for the times they are a-changin'." ~ Bob Dylan - The Times They Are a Changin'
6. "I believe fate smiled and destiny laughed as she came to my cradle - "know this child will be able", laughed as my body she lifted - "know this child will be gifted. With love, with patience and with faith she'll make her way." ~ Natalie Merchant - Wonder
7. "Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew, when I bit off more than I could chew, but through it all when there was doubt, I ate it up and spit it out. I faced it all and I stood tall. And did it my way." ~ Frank Sinatra - My Way
8. "Why follow me to higher ground? Lost as you swear I am. Don't throw away your basic needs. Ambiance and vanity." ~ Collective Soul - December
9. "Look... if you had one shot, just one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment... would you capture it, or just let it slip by?" ~ Eminem - Lose Yourself
10. "If I leave here tomorrow would you still remember me? For I must be travelling on, now, there's too many places I haven't seen. And if I stayed here with you, now things just wouldn't be the same. Well I'm as free as a bird now, and a bird you can not change." ~ Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird
11. "I know it's hard to keep an open heart, when even friends seem out to harm you. But if you could heal a broken heart, wouldn't time be out to charm you?" ~ Guns n' Roses - November Rain
12. "I've paid my dues, time after time. I've done my sentence, but committed no crime. And bad mistakes? I've made a few. I've had my share of sand kicked in my face, but I've come through. We are the champions my friends. And we'll keep on fighting till the end." ~ Queen - We Are The Champions
As you can see, music quotes are like a cliff notes to the anthems of our lives. Statements of love, declarations of independence, and spirtual depth beyond human reasoning -- music quotes capture it all. Enjoy Guitar Month!
Free Article Source: http://www.za77.org
About The Author: For more music quotes, check out the popular music quotes section of Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.